Did you by any chance mean shire?
- n. UK, Ireland, vulgar Shit, trash, rubbish.
- n. UK, Ireland, pejorative A foolish or deceitful person.
- adj. UK, Ireland, vulgar Bad, awful, shit.
- interj. UK, Ireland, vulgar An expression of surprise, contempt, outrage, disgust, boredom, or frustration.
- v. UK, vulgar To defecate.
- n. obscene terms for feces
- From Middle English schiten, from Old English scītan ("to defecate, shit"), from Proto-Germanic *skītanan (“to defecate”), from Proto-Indo-European *sḱeyd-, *skeyt- (“to vomit, retch, shit”, literally "to shed"). Cognate with Dutch schijten ("to shit"), German scheissen ("to shit"), Swedish skita ("to shit"), Irish sceith, sgeith ("act of spewing, vomiting, shedding"), Albanian shqit ("to tear, separate"). (Wiktionary)
“A “long time” in the world of a thieving little shite is approximately 2 hours and 7 minutes. on September 8, 2009 at 6: 16 pm thespecialone”
“In Military SF and Epic Fantasy the same old reactionary shite is still churned out by the bucketload, and readers lap it up.”
“Good to see you have realised my suggestions on more explodin shite was both SOUND and valid ..”
“Having a high speed train instead of that shite is killing 2 birds with 1 stone.”
“Yet again shite everywhere, half eaten food, drinks spilled all over the floor.”
“The conways are out now anyway, they were shite from the beginning.”
“Of course, it will also annoy you that that shite is out there and your stuff is not.”
“How many times have you dealt with a damage only T. A, informed both partys that all they need to do is exchange details, then find one of the pratts has reported it at the desk any way “just incase”, so getting the other poor twat RIGHT up the swanny and up to the neck in shite for “failing to report”? on January 21, 2010 at 10: 10 am Hairless Bear”
“If I point out the fact that, hello, that's a big pile of cliched, racist, stereotyping, fuckin shite, well, I want to hear some fucking arguments as to why I'm wrong.”
“For me it’s this: if you want me to read to you, or hang out with you, while you read, you don’t read tv tie-in shite bought at Scholastic.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘shite’.
All these terms have a (different) American English equivalent. Wonder if you can identify them?
Words that sound like words you shouldn't use.
A tip of my hat to the snarkiest of English dialects. Here here!
The new favourite words of people on Twitter.
A script searches Twitter for "X is my new favourite word" and adds it to this list.
thunderfuck, incredible, merp, sara, flopparoo, smother, fugly, buer, plum, canny, nefelibata, cuntbucket and 1972 more...
Listed various words that have come into my mind. Will edit them at some point - honestly.
dog-gold, shoulderlooker, mr. considering, the pigwoman, stevie is waiting, chingwybodganpwy, thelandscapeisstu..., couchsurfing, cappuccinodrinking, meat-eater, posher, mae rhaid i fi fynd and 581 more...
... as in "by James Joyce"
the words i'm thinking with
This is a collection of words I love, old ones that I love the sound of when I repeat them for years and new ones coined in news articles on up and coming trends and technologies - most of them I k...
The internet has given birth to a most hideous beast: a subculture that merges the worst of middle-school drama, valley-girl stupidity, and pop-culture idolatry. Add a dash of emo and a pinch of sn...
Slang from all areas and time periods.
Looking for tweets for shite.