from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A drilled hole in which an explosive charge is placed before detonation.
- n. A hole made in wood by an insect.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a hole made by a shot or bullet discharged.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A hole made by the passage of a shot fired from a gun; also, a blasting-hole or drill-hole charged and prepared for a blast or “shot,” as this term is sometimes used by miners.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. drill hole for a charge of an explosive
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.