from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A single flake or crystal of snow.
- n. Any of several bulbous European herbs of the genus Leucojum, having white or whitish flowers and fleshy fruit.
- n. See snow bunting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A flake, or small filmy mass, of snow.
- n. See Snowbird, 1.
- n. A name given to several bulbous plants of the genus Leucoium (L. vernum, æstivum, etc.) resembling the snowdrop, but having all the perianth leaves of equal size.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small feathery mass or flake of falling snow. See snow, n., 1.
- n. In ornithology, same as snow-bunting. Coues.
- n. A plant of the genus Leucoium, chiefly L. æstivum (the summer snowflake), and L. vernum (the spring Snowflake).
- n. A particular pattern of weaving certain woolen cloths, by which small knots are produced upon the face, which, when of light color, resemble a sprinkling of snow.
- n. The sweet-william, Dianthus barbatus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. white Arctic bunting
- n. a crystal of snow
snow + flake (Wiktionary)