from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mass or bank of snow piled up by the wind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A bank of snow accumulated by the wind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bank of drifted snow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A drift of snow; snow driven by the wind; also, a bank of snow driven together by the wind.
- n. Same as snow-on-the-mountain, 1.
- n. The sweet alyssum, Aduseton maritimum.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mass of snow heaped up by the wind
Sorry, no etymologies found.