American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A gap in an otherwise complete electric circuit across which a discharge occurs at a prescribed voltage.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The open space between the terminals of the secondary circuit of an induction-coil, or the similar space in any electric circuit, across which the disruptive electric discharge in the form of spark takes place.
- n. A gap, between two electrical terminals, across which sparks are generated.
- n. Such a gap as a component of an engine's ignition system, especially that between the electrodes of a spark plug.
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Elec.) The space filled with air or other dielectric between high potential terminals (as of an electrostatic machine, induction coil, or condenser), through which the discharge passes; the air gap of a jump spark.
- n. the gap between two high-potential terminals
- n. a component of an ignition system; consists of two shaped electrodes and the space between them
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘spark gap’.
I get a charge out of these words.
found words, that haven't found their proper place yet.
Looking for tweets for spark gap.