Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of using the spectrophotometer.
- n. physics, analytical chemistry the quantitative analysis of electromagnetic spectra by use of a spectrophotometer; especially in order to determine the structure or quantity of a substance
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The art of comparing, photometrically, the brightness of two spectra, wave length by wave length; the use of the spectrophotometer.
- n. (Chem., Physics) the art or process of measuring the degree of absorption of light at different wavelengths by a chemical substance, by means of a spectrometer or spectrophotometer. It is a technique for chemical analysis.
- spectro- + photometry (Wiktionary)
“IATL ran the samples through a number of tests including polarized light microscopy, analytical transmission electron microscopy and atomic absorption spectrophotometry.”
“My understanding is that the spacing of the hues has perceptual intervals, but hues themselves are wavelengths, of course, and determined by spectrophotometry.”
“Gaia will be, in my opinion, the greatest of all, observing stars down to 12th magnitude, and doing astrometry, radial velocity and spectrophotometry – all made to a higher precision.”
“In a nutshell I study the enzymology and assembly of the dysfunctional respiratory complexes from patient biopsy samples, using a combination of steady-state kinetics, UV/vis-spectrophotometry, Western blot analysis, molecular modelling and FTIR spectroscopy.”
“For the study, published this week in the scientific journal Biology Letters, the researchers radio-tracked a large number of juvenile and adult pythons and analysed their colours using advanced spectrophotometry.”
“And no more CO2 spectroscopy / spectrophotometry / quantum mech either!”
“In emission spectrophotometry both UV/Vis and X-ray, one counts photons.”
“A sample of the processed water was collected (50 cc) in a plastic vessel and another sample was taken for spectrophotometry in its plastic cuvette.”
“There is a real communication link which we have measured by spectrophotometry. pH and Conductivity Measurements”
“This system, once achieved, may be detected by means of melting point determination under cross field polarized light and spectrophotometry, ultraviolet, visible and infrared.”
‘spectrophotometry’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for spectrophotometry.