from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something designed to squeeze something
- n. A piece of foundry apparatus for shaping a ball of puddled iron
- n. A playing card that has its value shown in a corner such that a closely arranged hand may be studied (originally designed for poker but now standard)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, squeezes.
- n. A machine like a large pair of pliers, for shingling, or squeezing, the balls of metal when puddled; -- used only in the plural.
- n. A machine of several forms for the same purpose; -- used in the singular.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which squeezes.
- n. plural A kind of playing-cards in which the facevalue of each card is shown in the upper left-hand corner, and can readily be seen by squeezing the cards slightly apart, without displaying the hand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a kitchen utensil for squeezing juice from fruit
Sorry, no etymologies found.