American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The wife of one's father and not one's natural mother.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman who is the wife of one's father, but is not one's mother.
- n. A horny filament shooting up by the side of the nail.
- n. The pansy. Britten and Holland, Eng. Plant Names.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The wife of one's father by a subsequent marriage.
- n. the wife of your father by a subsequent marriage
- step- + mother (Wiktionary)
“I'm okay with the term stepmother," said Cacho, who often blogs on her stepfamily experience.”
“But Anne rejects the label "stepmother" for reasons that have nothing to do with parental responsibility, or the”
“Her question -- and mine: What message does the word "stepmother" convey more clearly than "You're NOT a mother"?”
“– although her stepmother is again good enough to remark, that "in spite of his stern voice, there was something of pity in his countenance which always induced her to swallow it.”
“June 18th, 2009 4: 25 pm ET well at least my 3rd stepmother is there,, dang”
“Their new stepmother is determined to control the estate of Sevenwaters, and she feels that her husband's children stand in her way.”
“For instance, the stepmother is found in possession of”
“Everyone loves her to pieces, and my stepmother is threatening to keep her.”
“She discovers that her stepmother is plotting against her and escapes to mainland China, where she seeks solace with seven Shao Lin monks who, in turn, come to believe the woman holds the fate of the world in her hands and protect her.”
“I called my stepmother and asked her what was happening?”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘stepmother’.
Looking for tweets for stepmother.