from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Diminutive of mother.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mamma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colloquial or vulgar abbreviation of mama.
- n. Same as ma'am, contraction of madam.
- n. An abbreviation of mammalogy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Mayan language spoken by the Mam
- n. a member of a Mayan people of southwestern Guatemala
Possibly either conserved from or influenced by earlier Brythonic language. (Wiktionary)