American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. First person singular present indicative of be.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. metrology Symbol for the attometer (attometre), an SI unit of length equal to 10−18 meters (metres).
- v. First-person singular simple present indicative form of be.
- abbr. alternative spelling of a.m..
GNU Webster's 1913
- The first person singular of the verb
be, in the indicative mode, present tense. See be.
- n. a master's degree in arts and sciences
- n. a radioactive transuranic metallic element; discovered by bombarding uranium with helium atoms
- n. modulation of the amplitude of the (radio) carrier wave
- From Middle English am, em, from Old English eam, eom ("am"), from Proto-Germanic *immi, *izmi (“am”), from Proto-Indo-European *h₁ésmi (“I am, I exist”), a form of the verb *wesanan. Cognate with Old Norse em, emi ("am"), Gothic 𐌹𐌼 (im, "am"), Ancient Greek εἰμί (eimi), Albanian jam ("I am"), Sanskrit अस्मि (ásmi). (Wiktionary)
- Middle English, from Old English eom; see es- in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“‘I am not as good a man as my father was and my son is growing up worse than I am’.433”
“Very best wishes am sure you did fine..am away on retreat with the Brigittines in Holywell & then Iver Heath..but I love MV!”
“Who knows; maybe I am *am* being unreasonable here.”
“I am new to your blog and after coming here once..am not able to stop coming again and again.”
“I'm inclined lately to start whining about SGA again, but I am aware exactly how much that kind of thing annoys people who *are* feeling good about life, the fandom, and everything, so I'm thinking I might lock everything down so as not to be that crushing killjoy that nobody likes well, so as to keep it somewhat under wraps that I *am* that crushing killjoy that nobody likes.”
“I am not at all worried about the future of the planet, but I * am* worried about the future of the human race.”
“I am not trying to frighten people, but I *am* personally feeling very frightened, especially this week and I suppose I am looking for reassurrance from people who are not dealing with fear symptoms: the tube really spooked me this week, then the news - ID cards, Anti terror laws, etc...”
“ I think it is key to who I am and where I currently am . emotionally.”
“I do want protection from someone mistreating me because I am what I am ”
“I _am_ a research supervisor with the Bureau of Standards, and I am here for a definite purpose.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘am’.
Words to be replaced by a paragraph mark if you are after terms and MWEs.
Name Sym # Wt
actinium Ac 89 (227)
aluminum Al 13 26.98
americium Am 95 (243)
antimony Sb 51 121.7
argon Ar 18 39.94
arsenic As 33 74.92
Verbs that establish or connect to the status (condition, state of being, the way something is) of someone or something.
Two-letter words that are common. For a full list of all possible 2-letter words, check out this list.
All playable 2 letter Scrabble words from OSPD4
Is there a name for this type of word?
Tight but full of might.
source words - to the core
Looking for tweets for am.