from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The symbol for femtometer or femtometre, a unit of length. The name fermi for this unit is obsolete.
- n. abbreviation for Fathom
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A method of transmitting radio signals by modulating the frequency of the carrier wave; -- opposed to AM (amplitude modulation), in which the signal modulates the amplitude, rather than the frequency of the carrier wave.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A contraction of fathom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. modulation of the frequency of the (radio) carrier wave
- n. a radioactive transuranic metallic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons
Sorry, no etymologies found.