from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Gypsy.
- n. A Gypsy man or boy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The ethnic designation used by the Romani people from Eastern Europe.
- proper n. The Romani language.
- n. A member of the Romani people.
- n. A male member of the Romani people who is married and considered respectable amongst the family.
- adj. Romani: of or pertaining to the Roma people.
Romany, man; see Romany.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Romani Rom ("man"). See also Roma. (Wiktionary)