Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of doom.
- n. The Portuguese form of don, used in Portugal and Brazil. In Portugal this title is confined to the king and the members of the royal family.
- n. The joker or blank card used in playing dom pedro.
- n. A title formerly given to the pope, and afterward to Roman Catholic dignitaries and members of some monastic orders.
- n. A suffix, originally an independent word, meaning ‘jurisdiction,’ hence province, state, condition, quality, as in kingdom, earldom, popedom, etc., Christendom, freedom, halidom, wisdom, etc.: much used also in colloquial or humorous formations, as in uppertendom.
- n. An abbreviation of Dominion.
“In my first script i'd insert this, before the first return: dom: = COM_Invoke (pwb, "Document. parentWindow") filedelete, dom. txt fileappend, % dom%, dom. txt”
“Having “recycled” programs of the reality, game show, and csi clone-dom is driving people away from the networks on broadcast television.”
The Jericho Effect Continues : SF Universe - SF Universe is your Science Fiction central. From SciFi television to movies to books and more. All the latest news, reviews and insights from SciFi experts.
“But if you allow me to twist and mangle the theme a bit, I'll show you that being a post-doc-dom is a unique job.”
“An essay on what it means to be an X, where the author tells you without irony how he falls short of the qualities needed for X on almost every level, discussing how X-dom is wonderful; it's just that he sucks.”
“Why must it be the day my band breaks up, so when I call dom and tell him I can't hang out it sounds like bullshit?”
“It demanded the leadership of a strong man, and there are few gatherings in Anglo-Saxondom which cannot produce a Caesar when required.”
“Outside Worker, in Cockneydom of the nineteenth century.”
“There will also be many families within Maoridom who will resist Whanau Ora.”
“The report tells the stories in a uniquely Pacific way, guided by the notions of respect and va fealoaloai - what we in Maoridom might refer to as kahohi ki te kanohi - face to face communication.”
“It remains something that still creates divisions within Maoridom itself.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘dom’.
¡La única lista que también incluye flexiónes verbales y pluralizaciones! Ayúdame a encontrarlas todas.
(Por ser una lista para Scrabble, los dígrafos ll, rr, y ch valen como una sola ...
random webdev lingo used primarily in computer programming.
( open list, randomness, technical jargon, geek speak )
ajax, user, admin, frontend, backend, database, sql, protocol, call, dom, layout, ui and 439 more...
Given names that were acceptable for play the last time I checked the OWL.
Some semblances strange & others nearer, dearer, yet more familiar... . .
short, sweet, epic, catchy, sassy, sexy & sizzling.
( personal list, randomness )
Many of these nouns also form the gen. sg. with -Ãº: dar, glas, grad, jez, mah, most, nos, pas, plaz, plod, rod, sad, sin (styl.), sled, smrad, strah, tat, trak, vrat, zid; other words that (somet...
Looking for tweets for dom.