from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A dominator (in sadomasochistic sexual practices), especially a male one.
- n. A title anciently given to the pope, and later to other church dignitaries and some monastic orders.
- n. In Portugal and Brazil, the title formerly given to a member of the higher classes.
- v. to dominate
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Middle English form of doom.
- n. The Portuguese form of don, used in Portugal and Brazil. In Portugal this title is confined to the king and the members of the royal family.
- n. The joker or blank card used in playing dom pedro.
- n. A title formerly given to the pope, and afterward to Roman Catholic dignitaries and members of some monastic orders.
- n. A suffix, originally an independent word, meaning ‘jurisdiction,’ hence province, state, condition, quality, as in kingdom, earldom, popedom, etc., Christendom, freedom, halidom, wisdom, etc.: much used also in colloquial or humorous formations, as in uppertendom.
- n. An abbreviation of Dominion.
Sorry, no etymologies found.