from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small round piece of sugary candy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of sugar-plum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of candy or sweetneat made up in small balls or disks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sweetmeat made of boiled sugar and various flavoring and coloring ingredients into a round shape, or into the shape of flattened balls or disks; a bon-bon; hence, something particularly pleasing, as a bit of flattery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various small sugary candies
Sorry, no etymologies found.