from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A strain of bacteria that is resistant to all antibiotics.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A strain of bacteria that has become resistant to many antibiotics.
- n. An insect, Bemisia tabaci, that is a serious pest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a strain of pest accidentally imported into Florida from the Middle East then spread to California where it is a very serious pest feeding on almost all vegetable crops and poinsettias
- n. a strain of bacteria that is resistant to all antibiotics
Sorry, no etymologies found.