from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. The external circumstances, conditions, and objects that affect existence and development; the environment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of surrounding.
- n. the area surrounding someone or something, together with the objects and circumstances in the vicinity; the environment or ambiance
- n. All parts of the universe that are not within the thermodynamic system of interest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the area in which something exists or lives
- n. the environmental condition
Sorry, no etymologies found.