from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of woolen, or woolen and cotton, cloth, often highly glazed, used for curtains, sieves, strainers, etc.
- n. A sieve, or strainer; a tamis.
- n. A tam o’shanter hat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of woolen, or woolen and cotton, cloth, often highly glazed, -- used for curtains, sieves, strainers, etc.
- n. A sieve, or strainer, made of this material; a tamis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See tamin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woolen cap of Scottish origin
- n. plain-woven (often glazed) fabric of wool or wool and cotton used especially formerly for linings and garments and curtains
June 1st, 2008 4: 58 pm ET the people are screaming to the superdelegates ... we want Hillary Clinton ...... get rid of those superdelegates and this won't happen again tammy
She heard the door open, then looked up slowly to see a man standing before her, holding what was locally known as a tammy in both hands.
Edmund Carey, the second, set up the loom on which he wove the woollen cloth known as "tammy," in a two-storied cottage.
Measures to thwart them include burning, herbicides, and "tammy whacking" (physical removal sometimes done by freelance volunteers).
Write to John R. Emshwiller at email@example.com and Tamara Audi at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's next, affixing yellow stars and triangles and other symbols to their clothes? tammy
Posted December 3, 2009 at 10: 51 am | Permalink beautiful …. just curious, what was the floor covering material (not the pink carpet) …? can anyone help me please …? thanks tammy
November 28th, 2009 5: 23 pm ET its rare to see a family of muslims who like basketball so much. tammy
Write to Tamara Audi at email@example.com and Alexandra Berzon at firstname.lastname@example.org
They need to show they have confidence and courage in equal measure.tammy. email@example.com
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.