Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See tamin.
- n. A kind of woolen, or woolen and cotton, cloth, often highly glazed, used for curtains, sieves, strainers, etc.
- n. A sieve, or strainer; a tamis.
- n. A tam o’shanter hat.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A kind of woolen, or woolen and cotton, cloth, often highly glazed, -- used for curtains, sieves, strainers, etc.
- n. A sieve, or strainer, made of this material; a tamis.
- n. a woolen cap of Scottish origin
- n. plain-woven (often glazed) fabric of wool or wool and cotton used especially formerly for linings and garments and curtains
- Shortened from tammy shanter. (Wiktionary)
“June 1st, 2008 4: 58 pm ET the people are screaming to the superdelegates ... we want Hillary Clinton ...... get rid of those superdelegates and this won't happen again tammy”
“She heard the door open, then looked up slowly to see a man standing before her, holding what was locally known as a tammy in both hands.”
“Edmund Carey, the second, set up the loom on which he wove the woollen cloth known as "tammy," in a two-storied cottage.”
“Measures to thwart them include burning, herbicides, and "tammy whacking" (physical removal sometimes done by freelance volunteers).”
“Write to John R. Emshwiller at firstname.lastname@example.org and Tamara Audi at email@example.com”
“What's next, affixing yellow stars and triangles and other symbols to their clothes? tammy”
“Posted December 3, 2009 at 10: 51 am | Permalink beautiful …. just curious, what was the floor covering material (not the pink carpet) …? can anyone help me please …? thanks tammy”
“November 28th, 2009 5: 23 pm ET its rare to see a family of muslims who like basketball so much. tammy”
“Write to Tamara Audi at firstname.lastname@example.org and Alexandra Berzon at email@example.com”
“They need to show they have confidence and courage in equal measure.tammy. firstname.lastname@example.org”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tammy’.
List of Girls names.
Also known as Yes, we hurricane.
A collective effort to list all first names that are also hurricane/cyclone/tropical storm names.
The only rules are
Everything hats,things with hoods,hoods,scarves,crowns,useful
adjectival forms,hat expressions,
Woven, knit and tatted fabrics. Other kinds of cloth, such as tapa and chamois are not included.
Looking for tweets for tammy.