American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of several cultivated roses derived from Rosa odorata, native to China, having fragrant yellowish or pink flowers.
- n. Any of a group of roses introduced into cultivation prior to 1867 and having relatively few thorns, glossy leaves, and open, cup-shaped flowers that bloom nearly year-round.
- n. A pale to strong yellowish pink.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See rose.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) a delicate and graceful variety of the rose (Rosa Indica, var. odorata), introduced from China, and so named from its scent. Many varieties are now cultivated.
- n. any of several hybrid bush roses derived from a tea-scented Chinese rose with pink or yellow flowers
“Page 230 those handsome curios, smashed the sèvers vases and picked the buds from the lovely tea rose -- so exasperatingly that the good woman could never again endure the sight of her -- this ill-fated bird is worth no less.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tea rose’.
Fragrant things and terms that describe them. Generic names of botanical binomials aren't capitalized if the unconventional lower case form has a useful Wordnik definition. I'm primarily seeking te...
Names for colors composed of two or more words. All of these are defined as colors in at least one dictionary, most being in MW3. See Chromonyms for one-word color names.
Looking for tweets for tea rose.