from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or applicable to those aged 13 through 19.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Brushwood for fences and hedges.
- adj. Of or relating to an age between thirteen and nineteen years old.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The longer wood for making or mending fences.
- n. of or pertaining to a teenager; being in one's teens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wood for fences or inclosures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being of the age 13 through 19
First attested circa 1700: teen (Kentish variant of tine: “enclose within a wattle fence”) + -age (suffix forming abstract nouns). (Wiktionary)
First attested in 1921: teen (“13–19”) + age. (Wiktionary)