from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or transmitted by telegraph.
- adj. Brief or concise: a telegraphic style of writing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to the telegraph
- adj. brief or concise, especially resembling a telegram with clipped syntax
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the telegraph; made or communicated by a telegraph
- adj. having only the essential information; brief; concise; terse; -- of communications, by analogy with the style of telegrams, which are short to avoid unnecessary expense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the telegraph; made by a telegraph: used in telegraphing: as, telegraphic signals; telegraphic art.
- Communicated or transmitted by a telegraph: as, telegraphic intelligence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having the style of a telegram with many short words left out
- adj. of or relating to or transmitted by telegraph
Sorry, no etymologies found.