American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A thin, transparent gauze of silk or cotton muslin.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of thin silk; gauze.
- n. A kind of gauze muslin, resembling silk gauze.
- n. A portable flour-sieve made of tiffany.
- Made of tiffany, or thin silk: as, a tiffany cloak; hence, transparent.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A species of gause, or very silk.
- adj. made of stained glass by, or in the style of objects made by, Louis C. Tiffany.
- adj. Made by or purchased from the Tiffany corporation (with headquarters in New York City).
- n. United States artist who developed Tiffany glass (1848-1933)
- Old English tiffenay; compare Old French tiffe ornament, tiffer to adjust, adorn. See tiff to dress. (Wiktionary)
- Probably from obsolete French tiphanie, Epiphany, from Old French, from Late Latin theophania; see theophany. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Yes | No | Report from Vinny69 wrote 12 hours 43 min ago lee amd tiffany is pretty good i like that show,”
“She was dressed in a neat white dimity gown: a figured scarf was carelessly twisted round her shoulders and waist, and a very pretty white bonnet, made either of silk, or what the ladies call tiffany, was simply yet elegantly ornamented with narrow pale pink ribband: All this, respecting her dress, I have since recollected; for, at the time, I did not know that I observed it.”
“Arnie op '': tiffany aka ms new york judge mablean ephraim larry hoover and david barksdale antonym and …”
“Instead, he put himself through UCLA as a freelance journalist, writing for such publications as American Film, Starlog, Newsweek, The Los Angeles Times Syndicate, The Washington Post and The San Francisco Chronicle He also wrote erotic letters to the editor for Playgirl at $25-a-letter, but he doesn't tell people about that, he just likes to boast about those "tiffany" credits.”
“Second, do you got to pay extra for the "tiffany" stuff and words or whatever on it?”
“This is just another strategy by the RNC to cover for Mark Sanford, Michael Steele, John Boehner, Mitch McConnell and Eric Cantor as the leaders of the GOP need to ask for his resignation, their silence on this issue has been deafening. tiffany”
“Personally i am still looking for a girl of this type, but im trying to hold out for tiffany lakowski”
“#18 POSTED BY tiffany pettey, Feb 18th, 2009 2: 40 am”
“This is to tiffany irick YOU wish he is mine back off or i will kick ur ass new jersey style!! ps jkkjkj ill beat you to NYC haha”
“August 26, 2009 at 8: 09 am tiffany kitty racist!!!!!!!!!!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tiffany’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Woven, knit and tatted fabrics. Other kinds of cloth, such as tapa and chamois are not included.
Looking for tweets for tiffany.