from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The ordinal number matching the number 20 in a series.
- n. One of 20 equal parts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The ordinal form of the number twenty.
- n. A person or thing in the twentieth position.
- n. One of twenty equal parts of a whole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Next in order after the nineteenth; tenth after the tenth; coming after nineteen others; -- the ordinal of twenty.
- adj. Constituting, or being, one of twenty equal parts into which anything is divided.
- n. The next in order after the nineteenth; one coming after nineteen others.
- n. The quotient of a unit divided by twenty; one of twenty equal parts of one whole.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Next after the nineteenth: an ordinal numeral.
- Being one of twenty equal parts into which anything is divided.
- n. The quotient of unity divided by twenty; one of twenty equal parts of anything.
- n. In early English law, a twentieth of the rents of the year, or of movables, or both, granted or levied by way of tax.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. coming next after the nineteenth in position
- n. position 20 in a countable series of things
twenty + -eth (Wiktionary)