from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Shrubs and small trees growing beneath taller trees; underbrush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. underbrush, undergrowth
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Small trees and bushes that grow among large trees; coppice; underbrush; -- formerly used in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Small trees and bushes that grow among large trees; coppice; underbrush.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the brush (small trees and bushes and ferns etc.) growing beneath taller trees in a wood or forest
Sorry, no etymologies found.