from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To cause to fall from a horse.
- transitive v. To overthrow or dislodge; upset.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To forcibly remove from a horse.
- v. To disrupt or unseat; to remove from a position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To throw from a horse; to cause to dismount; also, to take a horse or horses from.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To throw or strike down from a horse; cause to dismount or fall from the saddle.
- To deprive of a horse or horses; remove the horse or horses from.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. alight from (a horse)
Sorry, no etymologies found.