from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To push or throw over; overturn or overthrow. See Synonyms at overthrow.
- intransitive v. To totter and fall.
- intransitive v. To lean over as if about to fall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to push, throw over, overturn or overthrow something
- v. to totter and fall, or to lean as if about to do so
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To fall forward; to pitch or tumble down.
- transitive v. To throw down; to overturn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fall top or head foremost; fall forward as having too heavy a top; pitch or tumble down.
- To overhang; jut, as if threatening to fall.
- To throw headlong; tumble; overturn; upset.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. cause to topple or tumble by pushing
- v. fall down, as if collapsing
Frequentative of top1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)