from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any substance used to whiten something; a bleach.
- n. A person employed to whiten or bleach.
- n. A powder added to tea or coffee in place of milk. A "non-dairy creamer".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, whitens; a bleaching agent; a bleach; a bleacher; a blancher; a whitewasher.
- n. A chemical used as an adjunct to laundering white cloth, which makes white cloth appear whiter. A bluing agent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which bleaches, or makes white; especially, some chemical or other agent used for bleaching or cleaning very perfectly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an agent that makes things white or colorless
Sorry, no etymologies found.