from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large pigeon (Columba palumbus) of Europe and Asia, having a white band on each wing. Also called ringdove.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of woodpigeon.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The ringdove.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wood-culver, wood-quest, cushat, or ring-dove, Columba palumbus; also, sometimes, the stockdove, C. ænas.
- n. In the western United States, the band-tailed pigeon, Columba fasciata.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Eurasian pigeon with white patches on wings and neck
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.