from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area, as in an office, outfitted with equipment and furnishings for one worker and usually including a computer.
- n. A sophisticated standalone computer used for a specific purpose, such as imaging.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a desktop computer, normally more powerful than a normal PC and often dedicated to a specific task, such as graphics
- n. an area, at a workplace, for a single worker
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a desktop digital computer that is conventionally considered to be more powerful than a microcomputer
Sorry, no etymologies found.
My 4-year-old HP mobile workstation is still running strong. the only problem I've had was a split in the power cord.
My workstation is an HP EliteBook with 4Gb ram, 2. 5ghz core 2 duo, and a 300gb hard drive.
The Dell model you mention is a corporate computer workstation from a few years ago that is powerful enough to run a Computer Automated Drawing, or CAD, software package.
I also realised yesterday that an out of alignment workstation is responsible for the unbelievable neck pain and stiffness I've been experiencing.
One of the tools I * was* missing on Linux workstation is AutoCAD.
* Coleman Mack climate control system in workstation area, standard A/C and heat in cockpit
The new workstation is installed, loaded, configured with all the premium software I use on a day-to-day basis, protected against pop-ups and viruses, and I noted in passing as it booted up that the silly thing has half a gig of RAM and four P4 Processors.
The Novanta workstation is some beauty, even if I think it’s a bit chunky.
And to those who say "but the picture in her workstation is purely her own individual expression of faith, not the school’s," I would say yes, we adults understand that distinction, but that might be asking a bit much of elementary school kids (and Red Hill is an elementary school).
The gScreen TITAN M-1 dual screen workstation, which is the most rugged version of the G400, built specifically to specs requested by the NAVY.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.