from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An area, as in an office, outfitted with equipment and furnishings for one worker and usually including a computer.
- n. A sophisticated standalone computer used for a specific purpose, such as imaging.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a desktop computer, normally more powerful than a normal PC and often dedicated to a specific task, such as graphics
- n. an area, at a workplace, for a single worker
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a desktop digital computer that is conventionally considered to be more powerful than a microcomputer
Sorry, no etymologies found.