from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Paper on which to write, especially in ink.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Paper designed to be written on with ink; it may be ruled or unruled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. paper intended for writing upon with ink, usually finished with a smooth surface, and sized.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Paper finished with a smooth surface, generally sized, for writing on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. paper material made into thin sheets that are sized to take ink; used for writing correspondence and manuscripts
Sorry, no etymologies found.