from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An atomizer using compressed air to spray a liquid, such as paint, on a surface.
- transitive v. To spray with an airbrush.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A miniature, handheld paint sprayer, powered by compressed air or other gas, used for delicate, artistic painting, or sometimes retouching of photographs.
- v. To paint using an airbrush.
- v. To touch up or enhance a photograph, often with intent to mislead.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A kind of atomizer for applying liquid coloring matter, such as paint, in a spray by compressed air.
- transitive v.
- transitive v. to paint with an airbrush.
- transitive v. to alter or remove by use of an airbrush.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A peculiar kind of atomizer invented by Walkup, used by lithographers and artists for the distribution of color in minute quantities over a paper surface.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an atomizer to spray paint by means of compressed air
- v. paint with an airbrush
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A: You're likely referring to "airbrush" makeup, a new kind of foundation that's now being used by many TV personalities, celebrities and brides.
Well, isn't there a way for them in the CGI department to kinda 'airbrush' out the fact that she is pregnant?
Had we been able to marry when we fell in love, I would have been 20 pounds thinner and would not have had to remind the photographers as we rushed toward the courthouse to get our marriage license that "airbrush" is not a dirty word.
It's also showing its true colors "airbrush" style, and frankly, I think that creepy smiley face just may take home the prize today.
- The Admins don't "airbrush" the content in the blog comment, except when coments are waay over the line.
Tories "airbrush" black candidates from campaign literature James Macintyre - 21 March 2010 12: 28
Cheryl Cole to 'airbrush' love-rat husband out of her life story
Cheryl Cole to 'airbrush' love-rat husband out of her life story Deepika unveils her summer tips as she graces People magazine cover
Every brush engine can act like "airbrush", by delivering the brush mask when you do not move with your input device in the actual position.
Lord Carey has criticised the trend to "airbrush" Christian traditions from mainstream society, criticising councils for replacing Christmas lights with "winter light" displays, and manufacturers of cards that say "season's greetings" instead of "happy Christmas".