from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To utter suddenly and impulsively: blurt a confession.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To utter suddenly and unadvisedly; to speak quickly or without thought; to divulge inconsiderately — commonly with out.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To utter suddenly and unadvisedly; to divulge inconsiderately; to ejaculate; -- commonly with out.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To utter suddenly or inadvertently; divulge unadvisedly: commonly with out.
- To treat contemptuously.
- To puff or emit the breath explosively as in sleep, or contemptuously as in saying “pooh”; puff in scorn or with a contemptuous expression of the lips.
- To burst out weeping.
- n. A sudden puff or emission of the breath, especially in contempt, as when saying “pooh.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. utter impulsively
After a buzz: If consulting occurs, the consulting is then classified as a blurt as in previous rule, and 4 penalty points will be awarded to the opposing team.
I was talking to Huffpo's Paul Abrams about McCain's recent random, counterproductive "blurt" about not wanting to talk to friend Spain and not talking to our enemies.
Each change under full throttle is accompanied by a small "blurt" sound, as unburned petrol escapes into the exhaust system, only to explode in that heat.
Then, with my arms over my head, mid-poker face from him, I decided this was the best possible time to blurt out, I had cancer.
Would he blurt out as he reached for Byrne's hand, "I don't understand you?"
However, if, instead, you blurt out something in the comments here on the LJ, you will discover that I am far less receptive to your advice.
And the fact is that women just dig men who see clips of defenseless mother pigs stuffed in crates so small that they can't turn around, and then blurt out, "But, I love me some bacon!"
I just happen to blurt it out in my work like diarrhea.
What Sash doesn't know, and Fabio had sense enough not to blurt out to him, was that Fabio bought into Marty's recruitment pitch.
Boys are much more likely to blurt out the answers than girls.