from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive & intransitive verb To make or become broad or broader.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To grow broad or broader.
- To make broad; increase in breadth; render more broad or comprehensive: as, “broaden'd nostrils,”
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To make broad or broader; to render more broad or comprehensive.
- transitive verb To grow broad; to become broader or wider.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To make
- verb intransitive To become broad or broader.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb extend in scope or range or area
- verb become broader
- verb make broader
- verb vary in order to spread risk or to expand
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
broad + -en
Sorry, no example sentences found.