from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The central forward portion of the lower jaw.
- transitive v. To pull (oneself) up with the arms while grasping an overhead horizontal bar until the chin is level with the bar.
- transitive v. Music To place (a violin) under the chin in preparation to play it.
- intransitive v. To chin oneself.
- intransitive v. Informal To make idle conversation; chatter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bottom of a face, especially, the lower jaw or the region below the mouth.
- n. talk.
- n. A falsehood.
- n. The ability to withstand being punched in the face without being knocked out.
- v. To talk.
- v. To perform a chin-up.
- v. To punch (someone)'s chin (part of the body).
- n. a chinchilla.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The lower extremity of the face below the mouth; the point of the under jaw.
- n. The exterior or under surface embraced between the branches of the lower jaw bone, in birds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The lower extremity of the face below the mouth; the point of the under jaw in man, or a corresponding part in other animals.
- n. In zoology, the mentum.
- n. In Rotifera, a ciliated muscular part or process just below the mouth.
- To talk.
- To talk to, especially with assurance or impudence.
- In gymnastics, to lift the weight of the body by the arms on a horizontal bar until the chin is brought over the bar. Also used transitively: as, to chin the bar.
- An abbreviation of China;
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. raise oneself while hanging from one's hands until one's chin is level with the support bar
- n. the protruding part of the lower jaw
- n. Kamarupan languages spoken in western Burma and Bangladesh and easternmost India
*grabs shamwow an wipes chinny chin chin* O yesh, wii wuddnt want soggy peetsa!
The beard on his double chin is as white as snow, and when he laughs, his little round belly shakes like a bowlful of jelly - and that, as Ernest Berger sees it, is the problem.
Mbvoumin, 42, has a sharp chin, is clean-shaven and keeps his hair cropped close to his head.
His chin is almost recessing into his jaw and he has the trademark republican pig snout.
"My chin is numb right now," said Favre, who said he needed eight stitches to close the wound.
I also sometimes had trouble believing in Naoki as so handsome, since his face can change between panels and his chin is incredibly sharp.
If the usual way a girl gets a man's beard "on" her chin is to be kissed by the mouth the beard surrounds and Viola wants that beard but wants it to go elsewhere on her person ...
One on my chin, is from when I fell on the terrazzo floor spinning and laughing in the bungalow on Sheridan Avenue when I was six.
That chin is to make it easier for me to drop the money shot on.
I have no problem with having an “uncolored beard” but I do feel like my second chin is getting the shaft in this strip.