from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In psychology, the process by which a mental group, in the exercise of its apperceptive function, prompts other groups to a similar activity.
- noun The act of working together to one end, or of combining for a certain purpose; joint operation or endeavor; concurrent effort or labor: as, the coöperation of several authors; the cooperation of the understanding and the will.
- noun Specifically In polit. econ., a union of persons, especially of a number of laborers or small capitalists, for purposes of production, purchase, or distribution for their joint benefit; the act of uniting in, or the concurrent labor or action of, a coöperative society. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of coöperating, or of operating together to one end; joint operation; concurrent effort or labor.
- noun (Polit. Econ.) The association of a number of persons for their benefit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative spelling of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun joint operation or action
- noun the practice of cooperating
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.