from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To crush together or press into wrinkles; rumple.
- transitive v. To cause to collapse.
- intransitive v. To become wrinkled.
- intransitive v. To collapse: a regime that finally crumpled.
- n. An irregular fold, crease, or wrinkle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A crease, wrinkle, or irregular fold.
- v. To rumple; to press into wrinkles by crushing together.
- v. To cause to collapse.
- v. To become wrinkled.
- v. To collapse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To contract irregularly; to show wrinkles after being crushed together.
- transitive v. To draw or press into wrinkles or folds; to crush together; to rumple.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make crooked; deform; distort into curves.
- To draw or press into irregular folds; rumple; wrinkle.
- To contract into wrinkles; shrink; shrivel.
- n. That which is crumpled, shriveled, or pressed into wrinkles; an irregular fold or wrinkle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become wrinkled or crumpled or creased
- v. fall apart
- v. to gather something into small wrinkles or folds
- v. fold or collapse
Then suddenly I saw her eyes break, her expression crumple, her mouth drop open in a moan, and she flung her arms around me and pulled my head against her breast.
God, who wants us killed, who will beat us until we "crumple" on his
Plastic deformation ie mountian building, folding etc... is generally a precursor to the breaking of the rocks that is the fualting and thus the earthquake inducement and you measure this in strain rates which shows that for the middle of the 'crumple' zone or mountian ridge like the apanines in Italy the rate of deformation how fast its folding up is faster than that at the edges.
Hott Notes rocks because it has a cool "crumple" sound effect when you delete stickies; also its stickies have a very nice default appearance, with a gradient background.
It's a two-seater (for now, perhaps a hatch back family model will be out alter) and users will have to be well informed that this "Light Sport Aircraft" was 110 pounds (50 kilograms) overweight in accommodating roadworthy-assuring safety items such as crumple zones.
The vehicle will have features of regular road vehicles, such as crumple zones and airbags.
However it seems that in fact it was proving very difficult to fit mandatory road-safety features such as crumple zones, airbags and a structural cage around the passenger compartment into the 1320lb weight limit.
With an all sheet-metal body, it has a strong passenger compartment, with safety features such as crumple zones, intrusion-resistant doors, seat belts, strong seats and anchorages, and the rear tailgate glass bonded to the body.
But she says she knew it was time to leave after she watched a fetus "crumple" as it was vacuumed out of a patient's uterus
But she says she knew it was time to leave after she watched a fetus "crumple" as it was vacuumed out of a patient's uterus in September.