from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To pluck the feathers from.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To strip or pluck the feathers from; deprive of plumage; pluck.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb To strip or pluck off the feather of; to deprive of of plumage.
- transitive verb To lay bare; to expose.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To strip of
- verb transitive, figuratively To lay bare; to
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb strip of feathers
- verb strip of honors, possessions, or attributes
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Unfortunately the 'Medal of Freedom' lost any credibility once Bush Jr. awarded it to George Slam-Dunk-Case-For-Iraq-War Tenet. nom deplume, esq.
What a sad day for Minnesota and the USA nom deplume
I am glad someone of his stature will mention it because it needs to be mentioned nom deplume, esq.
He got caught up in a situation he could never survive. nom deplume
Change our great-great-great grandkids can afford nom deplume, esq.
This would be ok in the dubya administration but not in Presidents Obama's nom deplume, esq.
Thank the Lord that she is not our Vice President!!! nom deplume
If God forgives, then we must do the same. nom deplume, esq.
She will continue to do the magnificent job that she always does. nom deplume, esq.
Is this supposed to be a god thing for Dodd ... nom deplume, esq.