from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Severance of a physical connection.
- n. Unexpected termination of a telephone connection.
- n. Absence of rapport; the nonexistence of, or a breakdown of, effective communication.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of disconnecting, or state of being disconnected; separation; want of union.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of separating or disuniting, or the state of being disunited; separation; interruption or lack of union.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. state of being disconnected
- n. the act of breaking a connection
- n. an unbridgeable disparity (as from a failure of understanding)
Despite all the disconnection from the computer, the round up is fabulous!
But if the argument against extra-judicial disconnection is so strong then surely a policy that lets network service providers keep millions of people from having a usable, fast and reliable connection to the internet must also be morally indefensible?
Open Rights Group, as part of our campaign against the policy of disconnection, is holding a debate on better approaches for public policy and the entertainment industry.
There were no animals except quiet horses near our unit, and you might wake up to baaahs or brays during your farm stay, but the sound would be soothing to your nervous system, and start to heal our deep and disturbing disconnection from the land that sustains us.
Type B (most common): The disconnection is after the left carotid artery.
Type C (least common): The disconnection is after the innominate artery (sometimes called the brachiocephalic artery).
Type A: The disconnection is after the left subclavian artery.
I often catch myself repeating them in disconnection with any thought (Letters 650).
I refuse to adopt a term that brings nothing to the discourse other than a disconnection from the very thing that we want to talk about.
There is also the issue of disconnection from the Church of England which I am sure would appeal to a closet Catholic like Tony Blair.