from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act or process of severing.
- noun The condition of being severed.
- noun Separation; partition.
- noun Severance pay.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of severing, or the state of being severed; separation; the act of dividing or disuniting; partition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of severing, or the state of being severed; partition; separation.
- noun (Law) The act of dividing; the singling or severing of two or more that join, or are joined, in one writ; the putting in several or separate pleas or answers by two or more disjointly; the destruction of the unity of interest in a joint estate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act of
severingor the state of being severed.
- noun A
- noun A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of severing
- noun a personal or social separation (as between opposing factions)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.