from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Suitable for being eaten, especially without cooking.
- adjective Used in the ingestion of food, as at the table.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Corroding; caustic.
- noun The act of consuming food, especially solid food.
- noun That which may be eaten; food: as, the birds were delicious eating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of tasking food; the act of consuming or corroding.
- noun colloq. Something fit to be eaten; food.
- noun a house where cooked provisions are sold, to be eaten on the premises.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
- adjective Suitable to be
eatenwithout being cooked
- noun the act of
- noun food,
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of consuming food
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Or eating as much, but thankfully, he is still *eating* enough!
The thought of, uh, escape had crossed my mind, and then suddenly - suddenly - suddenly I felt like bending the freakin bars back, and ripping out the damn window frames and eating them - yes, * eating* them!
eating disorder self help books what about it..eating disorder self help books
The fact is, our brains are set up to pursue pleasure (as in eating is pleasurable) and avoid pain (even emotional pain).
The expression "eating rice in humiliation," which supporters of free lunches often use, reminds Koreans of the years of deprivation following the 1950-53 Korean War, when many had to beg to survive.
UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, that's what we call eating and drinking at the same time.
While you would eat and smoked all was about the same, when you'd come out for what they called the eating period, smoking period.
Breakfast of Champions is what I call eating anything unusual for breakfast.
Kind of reminds me, of my late teens, when interest in eating 'wild plants' and youthful enthusiasm was at its peak.
The thing they were eating is visible under the middle bird in the top picture.