from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Eating food of any kind, including animals and plants.
- adjective Taking in everything available, as with the mind.
from The Century Dictionary.
- All-devouring; eating food of every kind indiscriminately; specifically, of or pertaining to the Omnivora: as, omnivorous animals: often used figuratively: as, an omnivorous reader.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective All-devouring; eating everything indiscriminately.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Eating both animal and vegetable food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Having a diet which is neither exclusively
- adjective figuratively Having an interest in a variety of subjects.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective feeding on both plants and animals
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From Latin omnivorus : omni-, omni- + -vorus, -vorous.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From the Latin omni, all and -vore.
Sorry, no example sentences found.