from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of perceiving or tasting by the organs of taste; the faculty or sense by which we perceive or distinguish savors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small amount of
- noun The
takingof a small amount of food or drink into the mouthin order to taste it.
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun taking a small amount into the mouth to test its quality
- noun a kind of sensing; distinguishing substances by means of the taste buds
- noun a small amount (especially of food or wine)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.