from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To behave or move nervously or restlessly.
- intransitive v. To play or fuss; fiddle: He fidgeted with his notes while lecturing.
- transitive v. To cause to behave or move nervously or restlessly.
- n. A condition of restlessness as manifested by nervous movements. Often used in the plural with the.
- n. One that fidgets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. to wiggle or twitch; to move around nervously or idly
- n. A person who fidgets, especially habitually.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Uneasiness; restlessness.
- n. A general nervous restlessness, manifested by incessant changes of position; dysphoria.
- intransitive v. To move uneasily one way and the other; to move irregularly, or by fits and starts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To move uneasily one way and the other; move irregularly, or in fits and starts; be restless or uneasy; show impatience or uneasiness by restless movements.
- To make restless, nervous, or fidgety.
- n. The expression of uneasiness, restlessness, impatience, etc., by irregular spasmodic movements and changes of physical expression; the condition of feeling thus expressed: commonly in the plural: as, to be in a fidget or the fidgets; to have the fidgets.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of agitation expressed in continual motion
- v. move restlessly
SANJAY GUPTA, CNN MEDICAL CORRESPONDENT: I could be called the fidget diet.
There are certain items known as fidget devices and they are designed to help control the need to fidget.
Since the emergence of the so called fidget or fidget house scene, its become some what of an addiction for me to listen tracks of the genre on full fucking volume ALL DAY.
ain't nothing stopping crookers. their remix for kid cudi finally got picked up by the sleepyheads in the industry after they discovered this crazy new thing called fidget-house. in the meantime, crookers are already busy on pushing their sound further and this remix for 'boom da' by mixhell featuring jen lasher and oh snap!! will definitely bring some booty shaking galore to the floors! check it out right here! mixhell - boom da
One simply doesn't walk around with a firearm in public and "fidget" with it.
But when you are sitting in class or a meeting with pencil and paper in hand, doodling just seems to be the most natural way to "fidget".
Fidget aprons are great for dementia or Alzheimer's patients, or even people who have had strokes who like to "fidget".
I fidget impatiently as she laces me into a matching boned bodice and attaches the separate sleeves.
The prevailing opinion seems to be that NEAT is biologically determined—i.e., some people are born to fidget.
During my morning classes, I had to fidget and squirm a great deal to find comfortable, less painful positions.