from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The foremost part or area.
- n. The position of most importance, prominence, or responsibility; the vanguard: in the forefront of the liberation movement. Also called foreground.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The leading position or edge; the most advanced or newest thing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Foremost part or place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The foremost part or place: as; the forefront of a building, or of a, battle.
- n. The forehead.
- To build or add a forefront to.
- In front.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the part in the front or nearest the viewer
- n. the position of greatest importance or advancement; the leading position in any movement or field
At the forefront is his determination to show his competitors — and their coaches — something new, because his racing tendencies had become as familiar as his trademark soul patch.
The answers we receive from current volunteers as well as our Chadian teachers (here at training) are varied, but usually follow these lines: The government has made English part of the curriculum for a number of reasons, but at the forefront is the "great goopy hope", the oil fields in the south.
The one aspect of all this that we should keep in the forefront is that a major effect of the growth of government is this: it enables an expansion in the depth and breadth of rent-seeking activities generally.
And when I do that, the question that keeps rushing to the forefront is this one ...
In the forefront is Sam Reaves, an unassuming novelist of many accomplishments.
In the forefront is steel, playing a leading role in the advancement of Canada's economic interests and constantly alert to opportunities to enlarge its usefulness.
Alex: Yeah I don't think we think about the "forefront" - ness or history of it at all too much - it's just very exciting and gratifying that people are listening to and writing about and caring about or music in the first place.
Under the argument that states need to protect themselves against voter fraud, Republicans are making a unified push for election reform, and at the forefront is the campaign for implementing and strengthening voter ID requirements.
As it is, these final few episodes are likely to have an active Echo in the forefront, which is absolutely fantastic.
In the forefront was a girl in her early twenties dressed in earthy colours.