from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- interjection UK An exclamation of
- verb transitive To get
intoor insidesomething, literally or figuratively.
- verb intransitive To
entera place; to gain access.
- verb intransitive, transitive, idiomatic To
secure membershipat a selectiveschool.
- verb intransitive, idiomatic To be
electedto some office.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb succeed in a big way; get to the top
- verb to come or go into
- verb of trains; move into (a station)
- verb secure a place in a college, university, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.