from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To raise, to elevate - Lydgate
- n. a curve or arc, especially in architecture or in the design of a ship
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To raise; to elevate.
- n. See hanse.
- n. A sudden fall or break, as the fall of the fife rail down to the gangway.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To raise; elevate; increase; enhance.
- n. In architecture, same as haunch, 6: by older writers more especially applied to the lower part, above the springing, of three- and four- centered arches
- n. to a small arch by which a straight lintel is sometimes united to its jamb or impost.
- n. pl. Naut., falls of the fife-rails placed on balusters on the poop and quarterdeck down to the gangway.
- n. See hanse.
DETROIT — The auto show that begins this week gives Detroit the c hance to show off a hometown industry on the mend and a downtown flush with upscale hotel rooms.
She was also at prom. and she is a danger to bella, hance the warning you clue.
Last two a couple of weeks ago, hance the need for cheering up.
As a Journalist yourself, who Im sure, wishes to be paid for your work hours of research, and writing etc. were you to write a story that I saw imediately after you published it and summarized or “re-wrote” it and published it elsewhere thereby taking a section of your potential audience, and hance income away… I doubt that would sit very well with you, or maybe you could care less.
Even with an abundance of supply, there will be a bottleneck at the refining capacity, hance a shortage of supply v. demand in the market keeping prices high.
Members will also have a hance to study the Afrikaans version of the Bill, which is expected to be available by lunchtime.
Contra virginibus nubentibus non longior poena pluribus in locis imponebatur, quam digamis, ut perspicitur ex canone 18, ubi Basilius hance consuetudinem abrogat, ac virginum matrimonia instar adulterii existimat.
He had borne a snap-hance on his shoulder as a volunteer in the memorable attempt to relieve Haarlem, and was one of the few survivors of that bloody night.
He had borne a snap - hance on his shoulder as a volunteer in the memorable attempt to relieve
I hope we go bankrupt and get rid of all this socialist gravy train crap and have a hance to start from scratch.