from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that is monstrous.
- n. The quality or character of being monstrous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant or animal showing abnormal development or deformity.
- n. A monstrous thing, person or act.
- n. The state of being monstrous.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being monstrous, or out of the common order of nature; that which is monstrous; a monster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being monstrous, or formed out of the common order of nature; the character of being shocking or horrible.
- n. An unnatural production; a monster.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something hideous or frightful
- n. a person or animal that is markedly unusual or deformed
The presentation of the monstrosity is a challenge to the Irish people of New York which will be taken up.
Stephen M. Ross, who built the huge two-tower Time Warner Center at the northwest edge of Columbus Circle and tried to foreclose on the Moinian tower - which he described as a monstrosity - walked away, his supporters said, with a $28 million profit, after five months of skirmishing.
For his inaction in this case might indicate a few things about his moral position: that first, that his moral monstrosity is not sufficiently advanced for him to actively compound his original intention, and perhaps more importantly, that he has qualms about excessively acting out his evil intentions.
The problem has been that the argument has always seemed to be between people who see the darkness and call it monstrosity, and people who refuse to see the darkness.
A malodorous 6ft 7in monstrosity who walks upright on his hind legs, he resembles a giant Labrador, only "heavier-set and strikingly hideous".
The building is one of the ugliest in Cambrige, though, a concrete monstrosity from the sixties that won lots of architectural awards but leaked from the moment it started to house students.
This 2100 page monstrosity is a slap in the face of Americans.
"We do not believe this bill, this nearly 2,100-page monstrosity, is real health care reform," McConnell said.
Even if this monstrosity is rammed through over the objections of the American people, I think this still can be seen as a victory for the GOP.
The monstrosity is finished with your choice of hot or sweet peppers, and balsamic dressing.