from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An individual, organism, or new genetic character arising or resulting from mutation.
- n. Slang One that is suggestive of a genetic mutant, as in bizarre appearance or inaptitude.
- adj. Resulting from or undergoing mutation: a mutant strain of bacteria.
- adj. Slang Suggestive of a genetic mutant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something which has mutated, which has one or more new characteristics from a mutation.
- n. Someone or something that seems strange, abnormal, or bizarre.
- adj. That has undergone mutation.
- adj. Strange, abnormal, or bizarre.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In entomology, said of a perpendicular part the apex of which bends over.
- Of, pertaining to, or by means of mutation.
- n. In biology, a race or an individual organism that has arisen through mutation. See mutation, 8.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an animal that has undergone mutation
- adj. tending to undergo or resulting from mutation
- n. (biology) an organism that has characteristics resulting from chromosomal alteration
A sexy certain mutant alligator known as The Gator is stepping out of the shower with nothing but a towel on, dripping wet.
Through the story we find out that this mystery mutant is Vulcan and is Cyclops third brother.
It kind of made sense that he would be very old, as the healing factor that is his main mutant ability would have kept him from aging much and it had been hinted at before.
The mutant is kidnapped, and the two men give chase (revealing their powers in some actions sequences), stumbling across this trading network of mutants.
At the age of thirty-four, David, an Los Angelesbased screenwriter specializing in mutant superhero films, is asked to write an autobiographical piece for a trade magazine.
If a mutant is not a valid word (defined by looking the word up in a dictionary), then it is immediately culled.
Does the stress cause the mutation before the mutant is selected?
This mutant is comparatively stable, but it too has been observed to undergo change on two occasions.
And if he hadn't shined on the critically acclaimed show, he might not have gotten the chance to play Gambit, a fan favorite superhero who battles Hugh Jackman's title mutant in
While the New X-Men duel with Belasco's forces in Limbo an enigmatic girl makes her appearance, but why is she the spitting image of a certain Russian mutant who supposedly died years ago?