from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nocturnal wildcat (Felis pardalis or Leopardus pardalis) of the brush and forests of the southwest United States and Central and South America, having a grayish or yellow coat with black spots.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An American feline carnivore (Scientific name: Felis pardalis) covered with blackish ocellated spots and blotches which are variously arranged.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An American feline carnivore (Felis pardalis). It ranges from the Southwestern United States to Patagonia. It is covered with blackish ocellated spots and blotches, which are variously arranged. The ground color varies from reddish gray to tawny yellow.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The leopard-cat of America, Felis pardalis, one of several spotted American cats, of the family Felidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nocturnal wildcat of Central America and South America having a dark-spotted buff-brown coat
I hate to sound like Charlie Brown getting a rock, but I got a freakin 'ocelot as well!
The ocelot is a small cat that lives in the South Texas brush country.
Nine-year-old Carolyn Jess spent her recent birthday party raising money for the research and protection of the ocelot, which is steadily moving toward extinction in Texas.
The animal was, no doubt, the "ocelot," which is also spotted, or rather marked with the eye-like rosettes which distinguish the skin of the jaguar.
“I am not beautiful,” I tell him, “I am an alpha female, also known as an ocelot.
Cool hair, a young woman in her "ocelot" outfit, some surprising sisters and watch for the young man who suddenly becomes excited ..... www. 45n5.com * Metallica * Lord T and Eloise * Robert Plant & Alison Krauss * BB King *
Cool hair, a young woman in her "ocelot" outfit, some surprising sisters and watch for the young man who suddenly becomes excited .....
After Humane Society seeks investigation, Neiman Marcus says boots not trimmed in ocelot fur Neiman Marcus: mistake led to 'ocelot' descriptorDALLAS - Neiman Marcus says an editing mistake led to some women's boots being described on Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman Web sites as trimmed with the fur of an endangered species.
Also in this ecoregions are carnivores such as ocelot (Leopardus pardalis), central american otter (Lutra annectens), jaguar (Panthera onca), northern racooon (Procyoon lotor), and crab-eating racoon (P. cancrivorus).
It was on after my bedtime and I was never allowed to stay up and watch it but once in a while my mom would let me stay up just long enough to get a look at the ocelot, which was all I was interested in.