from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Slang One's father.
- noun Slang One's husband or boyfriend.
- noun A man in authority; a boss.
- noun The commanding officer, especially of a US naval vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun An
- noun slang One's
- noun slang, US a
husband, or significant other
- noun slang, US Military Unit's Commanding Officer.
- noun UK, dated Term of address for a male friend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a familiar term of address for a man
- noun a man who is very old
- noun aromatic herb of temperate Eurasia and North Africa having a bitter taste used in making the liqueur absinthe
- noun an informal term for your father
- noun (slang) boss
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.