from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang One's father.
- n. Slang One's husband.
- n. Slang One's boyfriend, especially a lover with whom one lives.
- n. Informal A man in authority; a boss.
- n. Informal The commanding officer, especially of a U.S. naval vessel.
- n. See southernwood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An elderly man.
- n. One's father.
- n. a husband, or significant other
- n. Unit's Commanding Officer.
- n. Term of address for a male friend.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a familiar term of address for a man
- n. a man who is very old
- n. aromatic herb of temperate Eurasia and North Africa having a bitter taste used in making the liqueur absinthe
- n. an informal term for your father
- n. (slang) boss
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.