from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Anatomy The penis.
- n. Anatomy The sexually undifferentiated tissue in an embryo that becomes the penis or clitoris.
- n. A representation of the penis and testes as an embodiment of generative power.
- n. The immature penis considered in psychoanalysis as the libidinal object of infantile sexuality in the male.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A penis, especially when erect.
- n. A representation of an erect penis symbolising fertility or potency.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The emblem of the generative power in nature, carried in procession in the Bacchic orgies, or worshiped in various ways.
- n. The penis or clitoris, or the embryonic or primitive organ from which either may be derived.
- n. A genus of fungi which have a fetid and disgusting odor; the stinkhorn.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The penis; in biology, in general, the organ of sex.
- n. An emblem of the generative power in nature, carried in solemn procession in the Bacchic festivals of ancient Greece, and also an object of veneration or worship among various Oriental nations. See lingam.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] In botany, a genus of gasteromycetous fungi, giving name to the family Phalloideæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. genus of fungi having the cap or pileus hanging free around the stem
- n. the male organ of copulation (`member' is a euphemism)
On the contrary, the "proper" journey of the phallus is the very map of normality.
Priapus-god to whom the Vestal Virgins of Rome, professed tribades, sacrificed, also the neck-charm in phallus-shape.
According to Buddhist scholars, the phallus is a cautionary symbol of the dangers of the male ego; for ordinary Bhutanese, it’s a talisman against evil spirits.
You were all smooth and deep voiced there on the dance floor and yeah, I went back to your place after only one drink, but I was intrigued, but once you pulled out that technological terror you call your "sithhood" that was the end of that, but you kept waving your hand "the phallus is not at all scary" and I didn't have any choice but to agree, but now I've got these sores, and the droid at the clinic says they're contagious bitch!
Here's 5 good reasons worrying about the length of your little green phallus is a waste of time:) 1.
This proper place, known to Dupin, and to the psychoanalyst, who in oscillating fashion, as we shall see, occupies Dupin's position, is the place of castration: woman as the unveiled site of the lack of a penis, as the truth of the phallus, that is of castration.
The phallus is the idol of the Defense of Marriage Act.
Well I think Probe Ministries shouldn't be called that because probing sounds a bit phallic and everyone knows that the phallus is a Pagan symbol.
Having the phallus is the signifier of being a subject.
My favorite piece a pair of trousers with...damn it...something like "the phallus is the object of my affection" written across the front.